Kioti tractors

More
1 year 4 months ago #557871 by AppleHB
Kioti tractors was created by AppleHB
Hi,

We have a lifestyle block in Hawke's Bay and are thinking of buying a Kioti 2610 to mow the lawns and carry mulch etc around. We have just over 3 hectares of flat and then some undulating land, with no stock. The steeper slopes are planted out with natives.

Would welcome anyone's experiences with Kioti tractors or tips about the small lifestyle block tractors.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #557873 by Hertz Donut
Replied by Hertz Donut on topic Kioti tractors
Are you looking only at new tractors or would you consider used? We picked up an ex-council John Deere 3038E through Norwood Hastings a few years ago for a very good price. Only issue so far has been a flat tyre but that was my fault for being slack when cleaning up old metal.

Don't ask me, it was on its side when I got here.

More
1 year 4 months ago #557874 by AppleHB
Replied by AppleHB on topic Kioti tractors
Thanks Hertz Donut. Didn't know about Norwood, but nothing there for us at the moment. I will keep an eye on them though.

More
1 year 4 months ago #557875 by tonybaker
Replied by tonybaker on topic Kioti tractors
If you can afford new, then any major brand will be ok as you will get a reasonable warranty. 25+ horsepower is going to do anything you ask on 3 hectares. A front end loader can be useful but it's a pain having it sticking out front all the time, I would rather go for rear mount forks/tines as these are mounted over the rear wheels where all the strength is. You can pick up piles of brush and also you can put all your junk on pallets and move it around when the boss gets sick of looking at it! With the standard 3 point linkage at the back, you can mount any implement onto it. Kioti or Kubota, not much difference really, I think the former is a bit cheaper.

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

More
1 year 4 months ago #557878 by AppleHB
Replied by AppleHB on topic Kioti tractors
Thanks Tony. I agree a front loader is a pain when mowing but we want to move around heaps of mulch, so just have to live with that.

More
1 year 4 months ago #557884 by Hertz Donut
Replied by Hertz Donut on topic Kioti tractors
Hawkes Bay A&P show is October 19-21 if you can wait that long, all the farm suppliers normally have a stand there and are happy to chat. That's where we first had a look at a ride-on (Walker B18) from Norwood and met the staff.

We told them a bit about our property and what sort of thing we were looking for, and they offered us the tractor soon afterwards before it hit their site. We've since bought a digger (Kubota U17-3) as well, as we have large drains to maintain.

As far as Kioti is concerned, it's a South Korean that has been around for quite a while now, so while I don't have any experience with them personally I suspect they're a lot like Hyundai and Kia - used to be a joke but now easily on par with the big players.

Don't ask me, it was on its side when I got here.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago - 2 weeks 6 days ago #559427 by sugarpie
Replied by sugarpie on topic Kioti tractors
Totally get where you're coming from. I've got a small property myself and recently went through the whole process of choosing a compact tractor. I got a Kioti CK2610, and it's been a game-changer for my small farm. 

I bought it from wickhamtractor.com , and it's been ideal for the kind of work you're describing. For example, I've used it to move large amounts of soil and compost around my property, and it handles the load effortlessly. The tractor's stability is impressive, especially on the uneven parts of my land where I have a small orchard on a slope.
Last edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by sugarpie.

More
2 days 8 hours ago #559490 by nzdboy
Replied by nzdboy on topic Kioti tractors
I have 3 Hectares in Christchurch. A year ago i Purchased as Koiti 3710 and have now done 100 hours. The Tractor has performed faultlessly and the dealer (Power Farming) are fantastic. If you can afford to go new you won't regret it.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds