The power fence earth rule
- An earth peg acts like an aerial and collects electrons from the ground.
- This completes the circuit when an animal touches the fence - so it gets a shock.
- If you have a big energiser, then you need a big earth system.
- Forty percent of earth systems have defects.
- If the earth is poor, the power will earth on something else and cause problems.
The earth rule is to count 1 2 3 3
- Have one continuous wire from power source to earth pegs.
- Use ground pegs 2 metres long. Knock them all the way into the ground.
- Have 3 ground pegs.
- Knock the pegs in 3 metres apart, preferably in a damp area.