Go to top
Important points if you shear your own sheep
- Keep the belly wool out from the fleece wool.
- Keep the cots and pieces separate.
- Remove any wool contaminated by vegetable matter (necks and backs).
- Skirt lightly - only remove permanently discoloured wool.
- Remove any pen-stained wool.
- Only use good quality packs.
- If you use recycled packs - get them only from registered operators.
- For sewing packs, use two strands of "gold label" twine - tightly sewn.
- Keep strings, caps and rubbish out of the bales.
- Don’t press bales over 200kg.
- Don’t shear or press damp wool.