Walk behind flail mower?

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #559402 by SmokyMountain
I'm thinking of getting a walk behind flail mower, one of these: www.topmaq.co.nz/walk-behind-flail-mower-lamo1800

Uses would be mowing down kikuyu in the orchard, and shred some wild ginger + wild ginger rhizomes as well. Hopefully also go through some thin brush.

We don't have a tractor, so I like the price and the fact that it's narrower than a tractor with a flail mower would be, I can get it into tighter places.

Has anyone tried anything similar, what was your experience?

20 hectare bush block in the far north, a Swedish Vallhund, some ducks and a few chickens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #559403 by tonybaker
Replied by tonybaker on topic Walk behind flail mower?
I don't have one but can you hire one maybe for a trial? The first cut is the hardest (as the song goes) so maybe get a contractor to do the initial heavy work and keep it under control with this one. It seems that the height of cut is not that great?

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #559404 by SmokyMountain
The only place I can find that has one is Kennards hire, and they're way down in Auckland.

But yeah I do have a patch or two where a tractor would make quick work.

20 hectare bush block in the far north, a Swedish Vallhund, some ducks and a few chickens.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #559426 by sugarpie
Replied by sugarpie on topic Walk behind flail mower?
I haven't tried that exact mower, but I got a walk-behind flail mower for my property last year.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #559428 by SmokyMountain
Cool, how do you like it? Performing above/below expectations? What have you used it for? Do you reckon it'd be able to chew through wild ginger?
Would love to hear your experience with it :)

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds