Pindone bait for possums and/or rabbits

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #559383 by Off.the.grid
Got a ton of rabbits on the property I want gone.
Shooting them is slow going I find.
I have planted some natives that I want to establish but something has eaten the tops off a couple of the plants.
Not sure if its rabbits or possums, these plants are probably only a foot high and something has cut off the top, but not actually eaten it. Another plant has had a good amount of leaves eaten.
But what i really want to know is if there is any difference between both types of pindone bait?
I see one listed for possums and rats and the other is for rabbits only.
is it just a different dosage/pellet size or do the rabbit ones taste different to possum bait?
would be good if I only need to purchase one kind of bait.
I really just want to get rid of what's eating all these plants, is too much work to put mesh around all of them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #559387 by tonybaker
I would go for the one with the highest poison content! It's just an anticoagulant so won't immediately knock them down. I used it as a rat bait as its cheaper. Chewing of the tops is classic rabbit damage, guards are the only real solution though. I feel for you!

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

More
2 months 4 weeks ago - 2 months 4 weeks ago #559390 by Off.the.grid
That's good to know. My main concern was if the bait was made with a different flavor that was more attractive to the target animal. If rabbits will eat the possum stuff, that's great.
I will check in store to see what type is the most potent. I need these things gone
Last edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by Off.the.grid.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds