Mud, mud, mud

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #559009 by Ruth
Mud, mud, mud was created by Ruth
So much mud.

I bought some nice new boots a few weeks ago but they have different treads to my old ones and interact differently when in deep mud. Today one was left behind as I walked up a slope in deep mud.  Lovely feeling as my socked foot sunk into my next step.

August is a very good time to go on holiday.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #559010 by Jaybee
Replied by Jaybee on topic Mud, mud, mud
Ha ha, a holiday, what's that.

At least this week is forecast to be mostly fine.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #559011 by Hertz Donut
Replied by Hertz Donut on topic Mud, mud, mud
What mud? I'll have you know I haven't bogged the tractor in it since the weekend!

The cows loved jumping the tow strap I ran from the car to the tractor though, they started literally circling the wagon. I'm pretty sure they were singing "Ring a Ring o' Rosie."

Might be some decent drainage work to do this Summer, as long as the rain stays away this time.

Don't ask me, it was on its side when I got here.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #559012 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Mud, mud, mud
The water table here is very high. So high it is floating on top of the mud and everywhere i look the ground is pugged and oozing. I nearly lost my new boots yesterday moving the cattle. One of the stupid steers was playing ring-a-rosey around the heap of tree top left over from Cyclone Gabrielle. 4 times he went round it with me slopping along behind. OH had to climb through two electric fence wires to help head him off. The steer took some time to register the gate was open. Not at all like his intelleligent mother who ussed to run up the paddock when she saw us and was always through the gate first. If her idiot son had a lick of sense, he might be able to figure out a plan that doesn't look and feel like he is the dumbest cluck i have ever seen!

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #559014 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic Mud, mud, mud
We are luckily on a hill, so the rain all floods other people's places, but it also means our place tries to slide down to join the rain. We have a couple of slips making access a lot less safe than it was. There is now a vertical drop off the side of  a part of the drive that is not a good look in clay.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds