Gum boots!!!

More
2 years 1 month ago #556878 by chocfish
Gum boots!!! was created by chocfish
Ahh …the annual performance that is trying to find a pair of womens gumboots that are waterproof and hard wearing and don’t cost an insane amount of money!
So far in the last 4 years I have gone through…2 x barbours 1 x hunters (all those were presents I couldn’t justify that $$) 1 x boonies / bogs 1 x shoof and 1 x warehouse cheapies…
They either crack at the toes / soles, seperate where the neoprene meets the rubber or become punctured by gorse and trees thus rendering them no longer waterproof.
I’ve tried on the skellerups but they feel really big and will let too much hay drop in or just felt tight (Perth)
Hit me with your suggestions people! I’m currently rocking a pair of ariat barnyards for day to day stuff (I love them and wish I’d gotten them years ago!) but need something for the ankle deep water we’re gonna get here soon!
I live in my gummies so need to be comfy and preferably slim fitting with a good tread….I don’t really ask much!
Hugest thanks.

Crazy revolving door of dogs ponies and kids. ….

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #556880 by Kalmara
Replied by Kalmara on topic Gum boots!!!
www.swanndri.co.nz/muckboots-gumboots.html
Love my muckboots, would never go back to ordinary gumboots :)

More
2 years 1 month ago #556881 by AppleHB
Replied by AppleHB on topic Gum boots!!!
Yes, I am in the market for some new gumboots too. I am planning to plant trees up and down hills this year, so looking for a gumboot that has good ankle support and tread.

More
2 years 1 month ago #556883 by D_Carter
Replied by D_Carter on topic Gum boots!!!
Gotta be the Red Bands. They are so comfortable and long lasting. Hay will get into any boot unless you have some form of gaiter.
D

More
2 years 1 month ago #556884 by chocfish
Replied by chocfish on topic Gum boots!!!
the riding style ones or the "chore" ones?

Crazy revolving door of dogs ponies and kids. ….

More
2 years 1 month ago #556895 by tonybaker
Replied by tonybaker on topic Gum boots!!!
I find the weight of gumboots offputting if you are wearing them for along time. Also some are very hard to put on or take off. I go for a good pair of hiking boots which can be reasonably waterproof, provide good ankle support and are more lightweight. Rebel Sports have a good range. A pair of gaiters help too.

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

More
2 years 1 month ago #556897 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Gum boots!!!

Gotta be the Red Bands. They are so comfortable and long lasting. Hay will get into any boot unless you have some form of gaiter.
D
I don't agree with that. We are lucky if our red bands last 12 months. They almost always crack above the area where our toes bend. .Years ago i always used to wear Perth Youths and they would last up to 5 years sometimes more, but Skellerup got sold and the quality of the rubber is now poor and has something in it that gives me contact dermatitis if I don't have non slip, adequate socks on. Never had that with the old NZ made ones

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
2 years 1 month ago #556900 by Nora
Replied by Nora on topic Gum boots!!!
Perhaps you just didn’t used to have a latex allergy and now you do.

I took some gumboots back once as for the price was expecting them to last longer and they were replaced for free so that was good. I wear redbands at the moment and so far so good. Not too hot and can fold my socks over the top to prevent rubbing.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds