Steep driveway - recycled asphalt installers

More
2 years 10 months ago #555268 by nziancollins
I have a pretty steep gravel driveway about 160m long in desperate need of help. Rather than persevere with the gravel, I thought I'd investigate a recycled asphalt solution.

Does anyone know any companies that can install this - Auckland/Hunua area?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #555271 by Muz1
Suggest you try roading contractors. They sometimes store ripped up road surfaces when re-doing roads.

Everything Must be Somewhere

More
2 years 10 months ago #555274 by Jaybee
It's usually the left over asphalt that's available, we have our driveway done in it (by the people that owned the property before us). I don't know if I'd recommend it, unless the road is very well constructed with drainage etc it continually gets potholes and ours is very rough. The costs we've been quoted to rip it up and replace with metal or repair it are horrendous.

Try rural road and driveway contractors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ronney

More
2 years 10 months ago #555289 by Ronney
I would agree with Jaybee on this one. Our last property had an asphalt driveway which was all very nice until it started to break up due to incorrect or no drainage, and lack of crowning. Also done by the previous owner. Personally, I would rather stick with lime rock, metal or whatever is readily available in your area, and get a good digger operator who knows how to work land to form your drive. Probably not what you wanted to hear. :S

Cheers,
Ronnie

More
2 years 10 months ago #555291 by LongRidge
I've been very tempted to trial stuff called Diamond Grid which is laid on the ground then has gravel poured into it. We have lost so much gravel off our road over the last 30 years that if it lasted 10 years it would have paid itself off..... if it works ....

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds