First questions on owning a lifestyle block - driveway construction.

More
4 weeks 1 day ago - 3 weeks 14 hours ago #559558 by sugarpie
So, dealing with a steep driveway reminded me of the time I had to figure out drainage for my hillside property. It was a nightmare after the first heavy rain turned my access road into a mini river. I needed a solution that wouldn't wash away with the next storm but also wouldn't break the bank.

I reached out to the guys here because I heard they were good with this kind of engineering and environmental puzzle. They suggested a detailed plan that involved grading the land for better water flow, using a mix of large gravel for the base layer to ensure stability, and then topping it with smaller gravel to smooth it out. The kicker was their advice on installing a French drain system alongside the driveway to manage the runoff effectively.
Last edit: 3 weeks 14 hours ago by sugarpie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #559561 by tonybaker
and????

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

More
4 weeks 1 day ago - 4 weeks 1 day ago #559563 by Hertz Donut

and????
...they all lived happily ever after.

Don't ask me, it was on its side when I got here.
Last edit: 4 weeks 1 day ago by Hertz Donut.

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #559565 by tonybaker
not if they have a steep driveway!!

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds