Register

Topic-icon anyone use Dunstan Staggers Nuggets

• Thank you received: 22
1 week 5 days ago #546064 by neil postie

Hi all, we have an alpaca that gets bad grass staggers. I saw Dunstan Staggers Nuggets at farmlands yesterday and wondered if anyone uses them (on horses or anything really) and do they work or not? They're website says "Dunstan Grass Staggers, has not yet been subject to full scientific evaluation" which puts me off a lot as snake oil manufacturers can make the same claims as these people do. I would have thought if someone came up with a cure there would be enough $$ in it to do a proper study. We tried an overpriced seaweed extract tonic which did nothing despite the claims made.

The following user(s) said Thank You: max2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 86
1 week 5 days ago #546067 by max2

I have felt that way myself with the seaweed extracts for calf development and horse supplements. Spent a fortune in the last two years on the recommendation of someone else, only to find nothing really changed development wise and she was getting hers free...

The following user(s) said Thank You: neil postie

• terralee
  • Aged Animal Accumulator
  • Thank you received: 55
1 week 5 days ago #546069 by terralee

Hi Neil ...I used them years ago on a mare who was prone to grass staggers as they were a lot cheaper than the Nutritech ones and they worked just as well ...however I would check that they were suitable for alpacas as there could be something in them that horses tolerate that an alpaca won't ...but if they are okay for alpacas ...well they worked great on my fruit loop :P Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: neil postie

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
Go to top

Get all the latest news along with practical tips and expert advice.