Register

Topic-icon Composting and cassette toilets

• Stikkibeek
  • Stikkibeek's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 441
2 weeks 2 days ago #546020 by Stikkibeek

Anybody using a composting toilet? What type and how have you found it?
What about cassette toilets, the sort you find in English Caravans but not for a caravan.
How easy is disposal of waste in either sort and what kind of additional disposal do you need to be legal.

What kind of disposal would you need for sink or shower in a smoko room?

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S
Last Edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by Stikkibeek.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 39
2 weeks 2 days ago #546022 by jeannielea

Our daughter has a tiny house with a composting toilet which has a handle you turn after every use and its emptied about once a year. I'll get details of make etc from her.
I think shower etc is piped into the sewer system they have for their larger home. Both are off grid.

• Thank you received: 39
1 week 5 days ago #546072 by jeannielea

Finally have some info. The toilet is Nature's Head and is completely one unit with pee part at the front so it can be piped to a container outside if wished. Poo is composted at the back part of the unit. No maintenance apart from wipe clean toilet and empty pee container. Remove composted part when full (about 9 months for two people using). It goes into an outside compost bin to decompose further before use on garden. This is used on boats etc and has a NZ website with contact phone and the person is really helpful and good to talk to.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
Go to top

Get all the latest news along with practical tips and expert advice.