Register

Topic-icon Looks like we might really get a bit of rain!

• Thank you received: 117
2 months 5 days ago #545132 by Ronney

Light drizzle, more of a mist that didn't wet the concrete, since 7.30am but now it's starting to get some teeth and turned into a gentle rain. I too hope we don't get a downpour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 86
2 months 5 days ago #545133 by max2

Several nights of showers would be appreciated thank you...

• Thank you received: 208
2 months 5 days ago #545134 by kate

I'm with Max2.....rain but overnight and in my case I'd like for a couple of weeks please....

Web Goddess

• Thank you received: 21
2 months 5 days ago #545139 by Alan Gilbert

A gentle 6mm this morning, taking us up to only 63mm for the year. The grass is already dry again, but at least the tanks are full.

• Thank you received: 208
2 months 5 days ago #545141 by kate

3mm earlier today and then.....nothing....

Web Goddess

• Thank you received: 310
2 months 4 days ago #545143 by Ruth

Settle down, the proper rain isn't due for a couple of days. Patience, my friends!

• Thank you received: 441
2 months 4 days ago #545154 by Stikkibeek

I hope we get a downpour, it won't run off the dry soil here, it will run down the big cracks and hopefully will close them up, drown the crickets and kick start the autumn feed.!
I'll settle though for medium steady rain for at least three days!

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

2 months 4 days ago #545155 by Ruth

Or it might run into the cracks and split the earth apart, carrying it all away to the sea!

• Thank you received: 69
2 months 4 days ago #545157 by Cigar

Alan Gilbert wrote: A gentle 6mm this morning, taking us up to only 63mm for the year. The grass is already dry again, but at least the tanks are full.

Only 63!?!
We are on 32mm for the year so far, with nothing in the last 4 weeks. Water tank is nearly empty but thankfully we are on trickle feed backup that has kicked in.

2 months 4 days ago #545158 by Ruth

Cigar wrote:

Alan Gilbert wrote: A gentle 6mm this morning, taking us up to only 63mm for the year. The grass is already dry again, but at least the tanks are full.

Only 63!?!
We are on 32mm for the year so far, with nothing in the last 4 weeks. Water tank is nearly empty but thankfully we are on trickle feed backup that has kicked in.

But remember that rainfall is relative to the annual total or the usual average for a time-period. How much does Alan usually get in a summer, a year?
Here we get about 1900mm so 27mm to date this year does seem rather little. February's totals often get blown out by floods, which might yet happen.

• Thank you received: 86
2 months 4 days ago #545159 by max2

Well I'm still waiting..... going to hang out towels shortly. At least it has cooled down a tad.

• Thank you received: 10
2 months 4 days ago #545160 by Tui Ridge

Cigar wrote:

Only 63!?!

and we are on 18mm - dryest here in 30 years and we are a high rainfall area so would normally have had 100mm+ a month.

Has been misty / drizzle here since about 8pm last night - every now and then there is a heavyish shower, no idea how much we've had as the rain meter on my weather station isn't working - no doubt has a spider living in it. I will have to go out and check the old-fashioned rain gauge on the fence (but its raining atm :cheer: ) I suspect that will have a spider or 2 living in it also :silly:

Me and hubby and 2 boys, Alpacas, Arapawa sheep, Lowline cattle, lots and lots of chooks and ducks ;)

• Thank you received: 10
2 months 4 days ago #545161 by Tui Ridge

Oh and on Ruths comment, our annual rainfall is about 2500mm so 18mm is ridiculous!

Me and hubby and 2 boys, Alpacas, Arapawa sheep, Lowline cattle, lots and lots of chooks and ducks ;)

• Thank you received: 198
2 months 4 days ago #545166 by muri

We have had 5mls since Christmas, I am not sure it matters what our overall rainfall is when you have had so little rain.
But its just started here now for the 20th time in two days with nothing showing in the rain gage as its so light. But this could be more promising

2 months 4 days ago #545167 by Ruth

muri wrote: We have had 5mls since Christmas, I am not sure it matters what our overall rainfall is when you have had so little rain.
But its just started here now for the 20th time in two days with nothing showing in the rain gage as its so light. But this could be more promising

No but 63mm in one location might be as extraordinary as 5mm in another. It's just dry.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
Go to top

Get all the latest news along with practical tips and expert advice.