Register

Topic-icon 8 week old lamb with bloat

• Thank you received: 413
2 months 1 day ago #545222 by LongRidge

Hi McNeish, no she is in Slovakia and cannot get stuff forwarded from England yet.
Si, if these 2 don't survive and/or you decide to do it again, make contact with a dairy or a goat farmer and buy a couple of litres of colostrum. Put it into 500 ml plastic bottles, squeezed before they are sealed because they swell, and keep them in the freezer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
2 months 1 day ago #545225 by Si

I know with lambs that they can die really quickly but keep hoping. Im in Slovenia and iv stuggled to get these two. Wish you could have poped 3 of yours out here, you are only round the corner !!!. In England i would have had no trouble getting day old orphans and used to have an amazing vet but hay ho, you cant have it all. Had to drive 45 mins for Henri and an hour for buxton even though i live in a national park. They just have such few sheep out here, i cant even get lamb at the supermarket without an hours drive. Not that i will eat these. Oh and proof of my maddness buxton was only without a coat for four days not two weeks.. Off to dentist today 2-3 hour drive so neighbour is looking in on little ones, with instructions on what to look for. They both look great today but not had milk or grass yet. Yesterday Henri border line big and this time buxton was a little big, but think thats his meds and not bloat.Strangely cameroons are just as "common" as normal white wolly ones. Can you tell i know my sheep breeds lol. In England if id had land would have liked wenslydales from north yorkshire, although needing shearing. Now feeding time, 5 seconds for Henri 1 hour for buxton.

• Thank you received: 60
2 months 22 hours ago #545227 by Kilmoon

Si, just keep at, you're doing everything possible. I must admit I love the rainbow look as well......takes skill to get the skittles look (I haven't had skittles since I was a kid....now I want some!). Take care with that tooth too!

Last Edit: 2 months 22 hours ago by Kilmoon.

2 months 22 hours ago #545228 by Si

Thanks longridge thats a great idea much better than getting cows colostrum from vet. Im sure you will be amused to know there are only 109,000 sheep in Slovenia and 5000 sheep farmers, but then there are only 2 million people. Lovely counrty, mainly forest and not uncommon to see tractors at supermarket carpark with a vending machine for chainsaw and bush cutter parts. Love it here even with problems :-)

2 months 22 hours ago #545229 by Si

Noooooooo skittles ahhhhhhhh how have you managed, they have some here, could post you some Slovenian ones lol. Today after feed and grass no huge bellies only a little puffy so happier leaving them for 6-7 hours. 2nd visit in 8 days hope they sort it this time.

• Thank you received: 413
2 months 10 hours ago #545231 by LongRidge

Slovenia, Slovakia, Roumania, Uzbekistan .... they're all the same place aren't they ? :-) :-). Like Australia is part of NZ ....

2 months 10 hours ago #545232 by Si

They will track you down for that :-)

1 month 4 weeks ago #545273 by Si

on thinking about it the first three are in europe and last two are within one continent so apart from uzbekistan they are in the same place Mmmm

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds
Go to top

Get all the latest news along with practical tips and expert advice.