Register

Topic-icon Logging Companies Auckland

• Thank you received: 86
1 year 6 months ago #535848 by max2

We certainly wouldn't re-plant Tony. I felt at the time it was only by chance we were referred to Phil who managed the contractors and that operators are leaving the industry in droves. They have issues with their equipment being interfered with if they stumble across certain green plantings and none of it is cheap to replace/repair.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 6 months ago #536026 by MikeCollett

hi
Ive only got about 1 ha or less in trees, but I have bought a portable sawmill and am going to mill them myself. a new turbo saw mill is only about 12K plus. ive got a lot of fences I want to put up!
once I have cleared my trees, I will be looking at approaching neighbours as most around here seem to have small pine blocks.
just waiting on a bridge so I can get the tractor across the creek to bring the logs forward for processing - might happen this weekend :-)

I don't mind fishing in the rain, fish are already wet...

4 months 3 weeks ago #543781 by smudge

Wondering how you got on FAI? I'm in Franklin but don't have trees apart from a few firewood pines. Was it worth yopur while to harvest the trees? My big worry about growing trees is what is the land good for afterwards. I guess it would be worth planting trees again but it would be a huge cost to turn it to pasture. Quite amused at your reference to posting on forums though. Did you try asking the same question on facebook? I bet that went well :)

2 months 2 hours ago #545239 by Fitches

Hi Matt, PTT logging based in Bombay are the best, transparent payment and got a moral compass. 0272934555 is their contact

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds
Go to top

Get all the latest news along with practical tips and expert advice.