Water well drilling in Canterbury

More
6 years 9 months ago #533727 by CHCH-NINJA

Aquila wrote: I think you're missing the point of my post. I'm not sure how he aged it but it was tested as some of the best water in Canterbury and it was right where he said it was. Shame the clients employees made it a hobby to drive over the well head. At $1000 a meter to drill a well guessing isn't a good idea.

$1000 per metre? Seems somewhat excessive???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #533730 by Ferg-HB

CHCH-NINJA wrote: $1000 per metre? Seems somewhat excessive???

Agreed, I am currently going through the process and at a depth of 70 metres the cost is less than half that.

More
6 years 9 months ago #533732 by Aquila
What size bore?

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #533740 by Ferg-HB

Aquila wrote: What size bore?

125mm with steel casing to 30m plus the top end, plate, bentonite etc. As well as water and bore testing & consents etc. This is just for getting the bore into the ground; the costs for pumping, storing and using the water will add to the cost but even with these costs added I'm still well below $500/metre.

Are your local costs closer to $1000/metre? It could have something to do with the depth - where there are some fixed costs of drilling these will be spread over less distance resulting in higher cost per metre perhaps?
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Ferg-HB.

More
6 years 7 months ago #535195 by 3wild1s
Hi Im in Weedons and are about to look at putting in a well. Who did you end up using and what did it set you back? Cheers

More
6 years 7 months ago #535214 by CHCH-NINJA

3wild1s wrote: Hi Im in Weedons and are about to look at putting in a well. Who did you end up using and what did it set you back? Cheers

Hi there. I went with East Coast Drilling (ECD). They did a great job! Approx 8k to drill and cap at 34 meters, and approx 10k for tank (25000L), pump shed, pumps and fittings etc, all set up.

I would highly recommend them!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 3wild1s

More
6 years 7 months ago #535258 by tonybaker
have you thought about solar? Have a look at these

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

More
1 year 1 month ago #558483 by tonybaker
Do you mean you have a bore down already and want to "develop" it? Any local well drilling company can do this for you, basically they pump compressed air down to remove some of the silt at the bottom and then pump it hard to clean it out. If you are not getting much water out of the well it could be due to worn impeller blades in the pump or just lack of water flowing into the bore. The only good advice I can give is not to use the deep well pump to service the house. The reason is that the life of a pump is largely governed by the number of starts it has to make. If it comes on every time someone wants a cup of water it will soon burn out. Best plan is to have a 20,000 litre or bigger storage tank and use a small 700 watt pump to supply the house. As it is above ground it is easy to repair. Another advantage is that if your well is slowing down or there is a drought you can pump just a small amount from the well periodically to fill the tank.

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds