What to do with a pile of ash??????

More
7 years 5 months ago #526982 by tonybaker
If it has been rained on, there won't be much left in it, but it has good amounts of Potash. I would just spread it around the paddock as best you can. I noticed that where I had a good burn pile, although the grass grew more strongly, the sheep didn't eat it?

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #527003 by Name123

kate28 wrote: I've heard it can be used in chickens dusting areas and will help keep away their bugs. Havnt tried myself & not sure how true this is. Anyone else know?

I tried it when there were mites in my coop. Made no difference whatsoever, the mites just trekked through it, and I had ashy crap all through the coop. I also tried diatomaceous earth, and it didn't help that much, if at all. Finally, at a recommendation from here, I got no more bugs from mitre 10 and sprayed the coop inside and out - ding dong.. the mites went away on the coop and the chickens. There were piles of dead mites around the edges, where they fell out of cracks and what not.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Name123.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds