First lambs pic

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #524948 by hilldweller
First lambs pic was created by hilldweller
Here they are, from an unidentified ewe who jumped the gun slightly and is doing a great job of mothering. The rest of the twin mob were 5 in 1'd today and moved to their lambing paddocks. I was very relieved no other lambs put in an appearance in the middle of that. Official start date is next Sat.

hilldweller
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by hilldweller.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #524950 by lindee
Replied by lindee on topic First lambs pic
awwwww, lovely :) looking forward to Rose producing lambs one day, when she's ready ;)

It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept. ;)

One Bull Terrier/Greyhound X, one very full-on Huntaway X pup, four assorted felines, [strike]nine[/strike] thirteen assorted hens, two accidental roos, two adorable BaabeeDoll sheep.

More
7 years 7 months ago #524967 by Cigar
Replied by Cigar on topic First lambs pic
One of two pet hoggets had twins on Friday, both ewe lambs, named already.

Attachments:

More
7 years 7 months ago #524977 by hilldweller
Replied by hilldweller on topic First lambs pic
They look fantastic! Well done that hogget. And you of course.

hilldweller

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #524991 by Deanna
Replied by Deanna on topic First lambs pic
10 ewes have lambed, the latest, our only bottle fed in 4 years Star and she's 2 and her first lambing and had twins. 4 of last years ewe lambs to go. Due to terrible seasonal growth we have our numbers halved. We have had 2 set of triplets and one set of quads.

File Attachment:

This is 32's ewe lamb it was the first one of the season, so named Charlotte, as all first males and females get a name. Naughty 32 is a four year old and gave us two delicious ewe lambs last year. She's our greedy girl, our lead sheep and has always had a cough, she just won't give up the fags.

File Attachment:

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Deanna.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #524994 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic First lambs pic
Good luck for the lambing season HD, hope the cold snap forecast doesn't coincide with a sudden surge of lambs! Looks like they have plenty of shelter though. I love the way your ewes all have legs on one side shorter than the other to cope with those hills! ;)

Deanna, your grass growth certainly looks negligible for spring, well done on the lamb production side though!

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Sue.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #524998 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic First lambs pic
We have long since finished lambing HD :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
always make me laugh that you start so late :dry:
Ours were pretty much done and dusted in 2 weeks except for 2 ewes that waited a little longer but basically 13th July 1st born last born 31st July except for those 2 :kiss:
Took some pics of the lamb olympics yesterday ...so funny to watch :lol:

Hope you have an easy short lambing :)
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by terralee.

More
7 years 7 months ago #524999 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic First lambs pic

terralee wrote: We have long since finished lambing HD :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Ours were pretty much done and dusted in 2 weeks except for 2 ewes that waited a little longer but basically 13th July 1st born last born 31st July except for those 2 :kiss:

If that makes you laugh ... you know how late mine are going to be!!! :woohoo:

More
7 years 7 months ago #525001 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic First lambs pic

Ruth wrote:

terralee wrote: We have long since finished lambing HD :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

If that makes you laugh ... you know how late mine are going to be!!! :woohoo:

haha ...well at least it will be a short sharp lambing of a week duration :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: Did you see what sort of lambs to expect :P ...you should come and have a look at them Ruth ...we have some real beauties :kiss:

Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
7 years 7 months ago #525002 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic First lambs pic
Excellent, docking is not required! They look like Disraeli as I remember from some 70s TV drama, with that crazy low-cheek beard. :D

More
7 years 7 months ago #525019 by kindajojo
Replied by kindajojo on topic First lambs pic
They look so cute Leonie..

More
7 years 7 months ago #525045 by Deanna
Tell me about it Sue! We have mowed our lawn twice this year. I am only carrying 13 ewes now, 4 years ago we had 25.

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.

More
7 years 7 months ago #525050 by muri
Replied by muri on topic First lambs pic
Last lambs arrived today - well last for a while - just some maidens left to go and more likely to be November
This little poppet to a maiden ewe, her brother is black and she is half mouflon patterned ie the front legs, but somehow the back legs and tail changed direction and I am not sure where that colour came from, especially as her father was my black ram.
The mother is a mouflon pattern, have included her in one of the photos for reference of a mouflon pattern

Attachments:

More
7 years 7 months ago #525053 by Deanna
So cute!

More
7 years 7 months ago #525057 by Geba
Replied by Geba on topic First lambs pic
Aha, those mouflons again, we have a few more now.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds