Good news from my insurer

More
10 years 10 months ago #35207 by Gamehunter
In the 1970s we changed our house insurance from State Insurance to NZ Insurance because they started "Peace of Mind" house policies.
That is they will rebuild your house as it was, rather than "sum assured".
In time, other insurance companies also changed to "Peace of Mind" type of insurance.
Over the last couple of months, the news has been warning us, that since the Christchurch earthquakes, ALL insurance companies are changing to "sum assured" type policies and we (the insured) have to value the rebuild cost of our homes.
To get this amount right, we need to get our house cost valued by a valuer, cost about $1000.
Today, I got a letter from our current insurer (FMG) that they still have "full replacement" insurance available.
No details as yet, but no doubt there will be cost increases, but all insurance costs will be going up after the quakes anyway, but I do like the peace of mind of a full replacement policy even if it costs a bit more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #461766 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic Good news from my insurer
Great news for you Gamehunter. I've been seriously thinking about changing our insurance to FMG for that reason (and because there have been good comments from LSB folk who are insured with them). Paying for a QS to work out replacement costs is beyond us at the moment, so I'm a bit anxious about what to do - still have 6 months to work something out before our policy is renewed, but better to get onto it earlier than later, I expect.

If FMG will send someone out to work out the value of a new client's place and work on a full replacement basis, I'm sure they can look forward to a big increase in business.
Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
10 years 10 months ago #461767 by Tui Ridge
Replied by Tui Ridge on topic Good news from my insurer
We've just had FMG in to quote for our house / contents / car (all of which are currently with another insurer) and also all our farm stuff / liability which is currently un-insured [:I]

The FMG quote has came back the same cost as our other 3 covers but it also includes the barn / tractor / float / animals / liabilty etc so we will be swapping over.

The girl who came and saw us was lovely and efficient and fitted in with our times for meetings etc. also :)

Me and hubby and 2 boys, Alpacas, Arapawa sheep, Lowline cattle, lots and lots of chooks and ducks ;)

More
10 years 10 months ago #462076 by skyline_glenn
I have just got of the phone to FMG, we are currently with state and will save $190 by staying with state. This is with 2 cars and our house and contents. They wouldn't quote us on my wifes public liability on her business or my work truck as they are not due for renewal so they will be missing out on our business.

Glenn

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds