Home Kill

More
1 year 4 months ago #557999 by mrk_bolton@hotmail.com
Hello 
Does anyone in Mid to North Canterbury has any Goat meat or Sheep mutton for sale?
I would love to get a whole Goat and Sheep for a reasonably price but I will work with what I can get.

Regards 
Mark 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #558000 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Home Kill
Hi Mark
It's absolutely illegal to sell home kill meat.

Web Goddess

More
1 year 4 months ago #558005 by mrk_bolton@hotmail.com
Replied by mrk_bolton@hotmail.com on topic Home Kill
I am more for a live animal that I can purchase and send to the butcher for killing.

More
1 year 4 months ago #558007 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic Home Kill
Unless you have that animal, or animals of that type, for at least 28 days, you cannot do this. It is called select and slaughter.
"You can only hire a service provider [registered homekill operator] if you were involved in the day-to-day maintenance of the animal (or animals of the same kind) for at least 28 days right before its slaughter."
www.mpi.govt.nz/food-safety-home/food-sa...-to-select-slaughter

More
1 year 4 months ago #558010 by tonybaker
Replied by tonybaker on topic Home Kill
I believe that it is not actually illegal to BUY home kill? It's the seller who commits the offense.....

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

More
1 year 4 months ago #558011 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic Home Kill
The Act does not refer to selling or buying but to trading. It refers to the transaction not being permitted, not specifically the selling or buying side of the trade. www.legislation.govt.nz/act/public/1999/...latest/DLM33502.html

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds