Register

Topic-icon Gluten flour free bread.

• Thank you received: 1
8 months 1 week ago #540957 by Rod Brown

For years I have always made bread and added 1tbl spoon of gluten flour as per recipe. Gluten flour is quite expensive and I have run out of it at the moment. What is likely to happen if I just omit it? I know I can always try it and see!

Now sold block, of no fixed abode, building new house. Darling wife has passed 1 year ago.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 435
8 months 1 week ago #540958 by Stikkibeek

If you are using ordinary flour in your breadmaking, there is gluten in that so it will stick together just the same. I use high grade and whole meal together sometimes, but will use just white also.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

8 months 1 week ago #540959 by Rod Brown

I prefer wholemeal and I believe there is less gluten in that than white flour, the next (wholemeal) one I make I'll just omit it and hope it sticks together.

Now sold block, of no fixed abode, building new house. Darling wife has passed 1 year ago.

• Thank you received: 63
8 months 1 week ago #540963 by Anakei

I've never added extra gluten when making bread, but I've always used bread flour and wholemeal. I think the worst case scenario is that it may come out a little denser than usual.

Urban mini farmer and guerilla gardener

8 months 6 days ago #540996 by Rod Brown

Well I have just put a loaf on (without gluten flour) so I'll report back at lunch time if it was successful or not.

8 months 6 days ago #541003 by Rod Brown

Looks good, tastes good, you would never know it hasn't any gluten flour in it. In future I'll continue to omit it.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds
Go to top

Get all the latest news along with practical tips and expert advice.