Register

Topic-icon Pressure Cookers

• Thank you received: 166
2 years 3 months ago #529532 by tonybaker

kai wrote: I have a stainless steel one, but I would love to know where I can get a new gasket for it.

gasket

The Instant Pot electric ones are very convenient but do cook at a lower pressure. The latest ones have a stainless steel pot inside which is safer than the Teflon coated ones.

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, ducks, Kune Kune pigs, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by tonybaker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
2 years 2 months ago #530281 by Claudiaclark

Last year we bought a pressure cooker and try to boil chicken, but it is blasted due to internal pressure or whistle problem. After that incident whole family in shock and prefer outdoor cooking only.

• Thank you received: 166
2 years 2 months ago #530289 by tonybaker

that's because you did not follow the instructions properly! If you overfill it, the contents will block the pressure relief valve.

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, ducks, Kune Kune pigs, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

• Thank you received: 19
2 years 2 months ago #530339 by sandgrubber

I have two . . . a six litre stainless steel one for beans and what not and an old 20 litre aluminum monster for canning.

Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by sandgrubber.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds
Go to top

Get all the latest news along with practical tips and expert advice.