What's for dinner in your house ??

More
8 years 8 months ago #510819 by terralee
Chicken and vege soup (homemade) ...t'was that kind of weather[}:)] ...and home made bread toasted and crunchy[^] and cuppa and a slice of home made Pineapple Carrot fruitcake for pudding[:0]
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #510841 by shad297
Slow cooked a whole beef cheek for 12 hours overnight in ale and root veges - it was awesome and shredded beautifully at the end. Then reheated and cooked little dumplings on top (Edmonds recipe which was awesome as I'm not normally a fan) and they were lovely and light.

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
8 years 8 months ago #511015 by hilldweller
Mmmmm that sounds yum!

Homemade soup here, lots of veges plus some bacon and beef stock, so very rich :)

hilldweller

More
8 years 7 months ago #511352 by nith
Roast chrispy chicken with little parsnip, little carrots and kumara ... and greens from the garden ... but my first time of yacon roasted in butter ... caramelised, the taste was very very yum ....

:)

More
8 years 7 months ago #511456 by Barnrat

igor;517767 wrote: Barnrat, do you find that it is difficult to be bothered cooking a proper meal for one person? I did when I lived alone. I found myself eating rather a lot of chipped potatoes and fried eggs.

Yes...!!!

I must confess to chips and eggs far too often. Especially while my neighbour is providing so many fine free range eggs right now.

Not too good for the waistline, but my excuse is the need for a bit of extra insulation in the Winter. Spring is in the air and the garden greens are growing, so it's time to get serious about living on Nutri-blasts (greens, nuts & seeds, and fresh fruit blended together at high speed in the nutri-bullet) I just started a tray of wheatgrass to add to the smoothies.

Also as the days get longer and the garden's needs increase, I will spend more time getting the exercise of digging and planting, mowing and mulching etc.

So while I do cheat on the easy meals far too often, I'm also very conscious of the need to eat well often enough to maintain reasonable health. I have a large garden, increasing orchard (picked the first avocado yesterday), and fishing on the boundary.

I do find that my eating habits become far more regular when I've had a boarder to cook for... But they usually become more trouble than they're worth.

Kids have long since grown up and moved on... Killed off the missus... No desire for another full time partner, so just me in a big house with a big kitchen... and a big pantry...!!!

More
8 years 7 months ago #511914 by terralee
Terry is having last nights leftover hogget stew on home made bread toasted ...and I am having salmon (tinned[:I]) and salad sandwich :D
Cheers

More
8 years 6 months ago #513627 by Aria
Polpettone (which is Italian for large meatballs). Found in a free meat recipe book I picked up at New World. Best meatballs ever - big size, no browning, baked in a casserole dish. Easy, easy, easy.

More
8 years 6 months ago #513706 by terralee
Was cooler today and Iam over packing ...so baked some bread and made chicken soup to go with it ...was nice too :)
Cheers

More
8 years 6 months ago #513893 by Perry
Made a savoury walnut and carrot loaf - baked like a big, thick slice in a flat, open roasting pan / baking dish.
First attempt - it wasn't easy and some refinements needed - but it was certainly tasty enough.

More
8 years 3 months ago #517014 by rivercottage
Mmmmm Christmas Eve - monkfish in wine and saffron sauce, on risoni with asparagus, carrots and garden green beans. Merry Crimbo everybody.

More
8 years 3 months ago #517015 by Stikkibeek
Sirloin steak with fresh sweetcorn and new potatoes from the garden. broccoli from the supermarket. The left over trifle i was building for tomorrow with ice cream and custard.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
8 years 3 months ago #517507 by Aria
Crumbed schnitzel, sweet and sour broccoli salad and hot chips. Can't wait :P

More
8 years 3 months ago #517760 by terralee
We had fried riced with some of the Christmas ham in it :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Cheers

More
8 years 3 months ago #517766 by Ronney
Crayfish Morney, enough to feed eight people and some nice white wine to go with it. Australian guests think we live in Paradise. I would have to agree :)

Cheers,
Ronnie

More
8 years 2 months ago #518623 by rotors
Fridge broke down today so have to use up as much as i can from it. Veges mainly - so prob Wonton Soup (wontons out of freezer not handmade but would love to have a go at that some day)

MM and myself on 4.2 acre orchard: Apple, Pear, Plum, Peach, Orange, Lemon, Mandarin, Fig, Apricot and Feijoa.
Plus 1 Dog (Whippet Kelpie cross), 2 Cat, 5 Sheep, Lots of hens and ducks - they keep moving so makes counting hard!! LOL And just recently 3 canadian geese

Time to create page: 0.363 seconds