What's for dinner in your house ??

More
9 years 1 month ago #503466 by Anakei
Another hot day here 39 C they reckon :eek:
Got to Woolworths to get a cooked chook and coleslaw after work to find they had had a power cut so had no chooks and the fridges were all covered up cos they were too warm:eek::eek: ( note to self don't shop THERE for another couple of days! ) So had a quick rethink....
Tuna salad with green beans tomatoes basil olives etc all Paleo for me and added pasta for the old man. Came up quite well :)

Urban mini farmer and guerilla gardener

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #503605 by terralee
Craving bubble and squeak so will boil up some veg (we never have leftovers[:I]) .....will have sausages and eggs on top of B&S plus some fresh tomatoes and cucumbers sliced ...these are out of our garden ...have a super crop of both this year :D
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
9 years 1 month ago #503630 by Barnrat
Rookwurst & egg pie.

Rookwurst is a Dutch smoked sausage, usually made with pork, but I buy the Chicken version (Dutch shop in Orewa). Delicious strong flavour, so only needs to be thinly sliced into a pie with chopped fresh herbs, spring onions and eggs... A few whole ones and a few beaten with milk.

Basically the equivalent of a bacon & egg pie, but with a twist.

More
9 years 1 month ago #503641 by Andrea1
I haven't been on here in a donkey's age... sounds like everyone is still up to making some really good nosh.

Having 24 hour slow roasted Kunekune pork, seasoned with honey, tamari and sesame seeds.. its' caramelised nicely and has bits of tasty crackling as well. Mashed garlic spuds and stir fried french and scarlet runner beans. YUM

More
9 years 1 month ago #503665 by igor
We've been eating a lot of goat lately since I killed a big wether two weeks ago.
We got three dinners for six people out of a nice fresh ox heart last week after the homekill butcher made his semi-annual visit. Looking forward to having plenty of beef, pork and ham to keep us going over the greater part of the next year when we get our processed carcasses back from the butcher.

More
9 years 1 month ago #503701 by Kiwi303
Well, not sure, probably nosh on a couple of sausages and fried eggs with chips... Just remembered while typing this I have a bag of supermarket frozen chips in the freezer...

Right, that's dinner sorted.

Had a couple of tomatos and a section of cucumber chopped up and lightly salted when I got home from work along with a banana roll. so greens/veges are fine :P

Current drink is Bi Lo Chun. According to track and trace, My stock of ordered Liu An Gua Pian tea and generic cheap brick of PuEr tea are currently sitting in customs warehouses in Fuzhou and Beijing respectively, presumably awaiting inspection to ensure I'm not trying to smuggle prohibited items out of China... My Tuo of 2005 Changtai Yi Chang Hao "Heng Feng Yuan" PuEr from Ebay has a tracking number provided but is yet to be scanned by the carrier...

Oh well, Bi Lo Chun is quite nice, and if I feel like a change, I have a tin of cheap and nasty Jasmine green in the pantry.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #503960 by Hawkspur
Soup. Minestrone.

Not exactly soup weather, but never mind... we'll just have dinner later when it is cooler.

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #503992 by shad297
Son turned 18 today and requested a few days ago that he would like pork ribs for his din dins...so that's what we had with a big fat salad including homegrown scallopini and pole beans (which we thought had finished producing).

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #504016 by terralee
Roast Chicken , with roast spuds, kumara, pumpkin and peas ..gravy too :)
Cheers

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #504172 by Barnrat
Leek & Potato soup with smoked chicken... (Cock-a-leekie soup?)

A cool day here in the North today as that ex-tropical cyclone pushes cold air up from the deep South. Or as my dear old neighbour says... "Those bl**dy South Islanders should close their legs"

So... I decided to defrost my last container of soup from last year's Leek season and toast a couple of slices of Vogels to go with it. Still as delicious as the day I made it...!!!

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #504204 by shad297
I prepared slow cooked beef cheeks for the first time last night - they were really nice. The leftovers will go into a pasta sauce for tonight's dinner.

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #504213 by Aria
We're having corn fritters with bacon, onion, green pepper and sundried tomatoes. Mmmmmm.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #504315 by terralee
Terry is having beef stew and mashed spuds ...I have a craving for scrambled eggs on toast :)
Cheers

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #504318 by igor
Thick end leg roast of big wether goat last night with salad. Looks like being the same again tonight as there is quite a lot left over.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #504343 by Barnrat
Thai fishcakes in coconut cream on brown rice.

Coconut cream sauce made with Spring Onions, Celery, Basil and Red Capsicum from the garden... Thai fish cakes already piping hot with Thai Red Curry paste which infuses into the coconut cream.

Here come the Winter kilos... :eek:

Time to create page: 0.302 seconds