What's for dinner in your house ??

More
9 years 4 months ago #501189 by Anakei
Its 36 C today in Brisbane and after recent rain also 95% humidity and after a day at work in air con it's a shock to come home. So I then decide to spend and hour chopping mixing and cooking just to make a salad :confused:
chicken breasts poached in coconut milk added to a avocado, mango and red capsicum salad & lots of herbs. Delicious and enough to take for lunch tomorrow

Urban mini farmer and guerilla gardener

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #501216 by Aria

igor;507010 wrote: Beans and sausages last night. What the boy called Ultimate Baked Beans, two tins of ordinary baked beans combined with a tin of red kidney beans, a tin of four bean mix, and a good dollop of crushed chilli.

Sounds a bit like the chili we had tonight. Brown mince, add onions, a tin of spaghetti with sausages, a tin of hot chili beans and some shredded cheddar cheese - served with garlic bread. Easy and delicious.

More
9 years 4 months ago #501217 by Kiwi303
Sausages n beans I think, maybe, if I can be bothered. Had a miserable day at work and am going to run a hot bath and SOAK the aches and pains away, I may be too limp and relaxed after that to cook. :P

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
9 years 4 months ago #501220 by Anakei
Another 36 C day plus I had to drive 45 minutes (broken aircon :( ) for an appointment that lasted 10 minutes. Stopped off at woolworths on the way back for a cooked chook and a packet of salad greens. No cooking tonight !!

Urban mini farmer and guerilla gardener

More
9 years 4 months ago #501305 by sundaysbest
Steak and salad tonight.... with no wine! Trying to get back into healthy eating... baahhumbug!

More
9 years 4 months ago #501306 by Aria
Salmon puff (a crustless sort of salmon quiche), with hash browns and pan fried zucchini. And I made a peach cobbler for afters.

More
9 years 4 months ago #501310 by Kiwi303
Tomatoes, Cucumber, Blue cheese, Mild cheddar cheese, Sausages.

Attached files
File Attachment:

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
9 years 4 months ago #501361 by terralee
Fried Rice ..was yummy too[^]
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
9 years 4 months ago #501377 by shad297
Last night was Greek green beans (you can see we have lots from my Wall of Beans thread) and potatoes served with feta cheese. Good vegetarian dish, and if you cook it in the oven it is called Briami. Very simple ingredients too: onions, lashings of olive oil, lashings of tinned or fresh tomatoes, beans, spuds, water, salt and pepper, cook and eat the next day as it always tastes better. My yiayia (grandmother) would be proud.

Here's a nice recipe www.mygreekdish.com/recipe/greek-green-b...pe-fasolakia-giaxni/

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
9 years 3 months ago #502371 by Aria
Tonight it was American hotdogs .. grandson's favourite .. nothing green in sight :D [:0][:0][:0] :D !!!!

More
9 years 3 months ago #502380 by terralee
Still deciding ....Sunday was roast hogget leg , yesterday was left over cold roast hogget and veges ....thinking fish at the mo :)
Cheers

More
9 years 3 months ago #502385 by shad297
Vegetarian delight for us tonight. Kumara and black bean burgers on soft white rolls I have just made with help from the teen boy. Will be served with lettuce, onion, cucumber etc and also made a sort of smashed courgette spread/dip thingy with all the excess veg around.

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
9 years 3 months ago #502479 by terralee
Hogget chops, fried spud, fried eggs,fresh tomatoes and cucumber :)
Cheers

More
9 years 3 months ago #502796 by terralee
Fresh snapper ...caught this morning by Terry and I ...don't really give a toss what else we have ...probably fresh bread and butter and cucumbers and tomatoes just picked out of the garden ...but I am looking forward to the snapper :D :D :D :D
Cheers

More
9 years 3 months ago #502809 by shad297
Fish cooked by 'im indoors (as I'm at work evenings) his own Cajun style blackened, spud wedges and stuffed scallopini from the garden - delish...(they didn't come stuffed, I had to do that bit).

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds