Finding a fencer for the smaller jobs

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #559524 by clcleggers
Is it hard to get a fencer for those small to medium sized jobs?  In my experience fencers often just don't get around to them.
I am an ex farmer/fencer/jack of all trades although I somehow became a digital nomad and travel NZ in my caravan with my wife working remotely.
Despite this (and probably because of this) I love to get on the tools and have a blow out on the fence line so I wonder if there is need or demand for a roaming fencer to do those jobs the full time fencers just don't get around to.  Keen to know how small block owners get on with the fencing?
Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #559525 by Ruth
I reckon that's a brilliant scheme.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #559526 by Hertz Donut
Agreed, there's probably quite a niche market for small lifestylers who don't have the tools/time/technique/temperament to do their own fencing.

I do my own, and get quite a sense of fulfilment out of it. In the past month I've done about 340m and have only been stopped by ground so hard the post hole borer on the tractor can barely make a dent.

Don't ask me, it was on its side when I got here.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #559527 by clcleggers
Thanks for the feedback, the challenge is connecting with those in need of a hand, I don't need the work but I enjoy it and like seeing these smaller properties fully functional and productive..
I have done a retaining wall and re fenced a lifestyle block via the Builders Crack web page but it is hit and miss and often a long time between projects and I take all the gear with me so nice us it more regularly.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds