Life comes and life goes...............

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #547835 by spoook
After 30 years of having a small brightly coloured "boss", he has now left me, I can now enter his domain safely.

He came to me one awful day when the skies decided to pull the plug and dump all it had in one deluge. There he was, on the side of the driveway I was riding the bike along to check on the cattle. Being me, I picked this bedraggled little fledgling up and wrapped it up in my shirt and carried on through the torrents. Got him home, dried him out and had no idea, at that time, what I had rescued. He very soon won my heart with his crazy ways, went to work with me and only ever made a sound in response to the fax machine, managed to destroy all my indoor plants but was a source of affection and entertainment.
He has escaped a few times and has always come back, this time he has "escaped" but I have still his earthly body.

Little Chippy, my Eastern Rosella, my companion for so many years, fly free, there will never be another like you, ever.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by spoook.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #547836 by Ruth
That's a long life for a little bird. Life will not be the same without him after almost forever!

More
4 years 7 months ago #547837 by kate
RIP Chippy, he was a real character...

Web Goddess

More
4 years 7 months ago #547840 by Hawkspur
I am sorry. He sounds like he was a great character.

More
4 years 7 months ago #547846 by Sue
What an amazing life for the little chap- he certainly found the right place to live out his long life!

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
4 years 7 months ago #547847 by muri
Your birds have such a good life Spook, the best of best

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds