Rest well my sweet Merry, best pig ever

More
5 years 4 months ago #543712 by spud
Thankyou for the time I had you here, you left me with beautiful babies in your image. You are pain free now and hopefully digging up a large paddock somewhere in the sky.

Merry was my xmas present and she was the most beautiful golden duroc sow you ever saw. Th light glinted gold off her coat when the sun was shining.

Saddly, someone who lives over the mountain from us thought it would be a good idea to burn a few tyres and the smoke drifted over and enveloped our entire place. Merry had babies and panicked trying to save them from the fire causing the smoke and she hurt her hip.

After several doses of vet painkiller she started to look better, but would never have babies again because her hip was not up to it, that was okay with me. Unfortunately we had two days of icy, torrential rain and hail and it just proved too much for her. She died in her sleep with her twelve almost weaned (2 days to go) babies curled up beside her.

Your babies are being looked after by Penny and PJ, your sisters and are happily weaned and growing. I will miss you Merry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #543719 by Ruth
Oh Spud, that's tough to deal with when it's someone else's awful behaviour that leads to such a loss.

More
5 years 4 months ago #543740 by ZummersetGirl
I’m sorry for your loss Spud - it is hard enough to lose a beloved animal without it happening like that. Have you found out who lit the fire?

More
5 years 4 months ago #543742 by kate
That's so sad, RIP Merry...

Web Goddess

More
5 years 4 months ago #543762 by AimlessKiwi
So sorry for your loss. It's always tough losing a loved little one, let alone in circumstances like this. Much love to her and all the best getting through this tough period <3

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds