End of an era ..> R.I.P. Angie

More
9 years 3 months ago #38928 by terralee
:( Yesterday ...yes Christmas Day Angie left us for greener pastures over the Rainbow Bridge (Terry helped her to go and she left this world feeding her face with sheep nuts ) ...Angie was nearly 16 and had been getting more and more frail and needing help quite regularly just to get up ....yesterday morning Terry went to help her up and she really was not keen ...when he got her up and steadied her he notice a small area of flystrike ...she looked so tired and so old and we knew it was her time :( :( :(
Angie has been with us since Turakina valley when I got her as an orphan, she came to Marton and then Dannevirke and finally here ...so glad she had an extra couple of years with us here[:X]
She has been a wonderful sheep ...she gave us our only ever set of quads ..mind you we had to feed all 4 as Angie lost both her udders aged 3 so after that she'd have the babies and we'd feed them for her but she would bring them up[^]
I am really going to miss my silly old wool bag ...she was such a character ...I still have her last daughter (Nindy) and a granddaugter (Buttons) so part of Angie is still with us ...but I would love her back :(

R.I.P. Super Angie ...proinking over God's pastures till we meet again :(

Angie yesterday..saying goodbye :(

Angie under a foal rug keeping warm and dry in the rain...she was calling out for sheep nuts[:X]

This was a month ago ...Angie was Nanny to lots of lambs and she really loved them ...even tho" she had not had lambs for 4 years ...this is how I will remember Angie ...she was babysitting Buttercup for Daisy[:X][:X]

Out of pain and young again ...love you Angie[:X][:X][:X]

Attached files
File Attachment:
File Attachment:
File Attachment:
File Attachment:

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #500232 by Deanna
RIP Angie, you were a gem by the sounds.

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.

More
9 years 3 months ago #500233 by kate
RIP Angie, she sounds amazing :( :(

Web Goddess

More
9 years 3 months ago #500236 by muri
TL, I wonder how many sheep live to 16.
That must be a true testament to your caring for her.
RIP Angie

More
9 years 3 months ago #500238 by Mich
Leonie, I'm just so sorry to hear that news. What a lovely looking old girl she was. She was obviously a very special sheep and I know how much you'll miss her.
Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds