Someone close to Te Aroha/Morrinsville that could take a pic??

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #558498 by Hestia
[object Object]I used to live on a LSB in Waikato, halfway between Te Aroha/Morrinsville.
Sold it and shifted away when my kiwi hubbie died of cancer.
He was a farm boy from Whangarei and he was one of those that had jumped parachute, absailed from bridges, a keen bike and car driver, (but he couldnt swim or ride a pushbike ha ha ha) He was such a keen gardener and grew all his vegetables himself and looked after the roses in the garden and knew all plants by name,,,except one in our LSB that we bought,,a bush in the garden that even I could name and also latin name,,syringa vulgaris,,he laughed about that and called me expereineced botanicer ha ha ha)
He was always in on those car club events and gathered money for for instance cancer society,,he loved dafffos and bought bulbs  when on special. His birthday was 1st of august and daffos were never up at that date,they came a couple of weeks later,,he joked and complained about that..one year I bought plastic daffos on special at the warehouse,,the ware house was his favourite shopping place and we joked about him singing the warehouse the warehouse where everyone gets a bargain :)  I placed fake daffos out on drive way on his birthday and he came home from work and rushed out of his car and called out: daffos on my birthday!! He rushed driveway down and saw it was fake plastic ones,,he ripped up a few and chased me and was happily jong trying to spank me with the daffos :) :) Dogs barking and he laughing and spanking me ha ha ha ha He filled our drive way with all kind of daffos and the he died of cancer - how ironic!
He died in the bathroom of our small LSB with the tree lined driveway with daffos all the way up. This was in 2009. I wonder what it looks like this spring on that driveway,,are there stil daffos or have new owner taken them away?
Someone that is close that can take a pic from main road and send to me??
If someone answers I can send the adress and google maps pick of the driveway...
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Hestia. Reason: spel erors :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #558505 by LongRidge
Hi Hestia, great to hear from you :-) .
Unfortunately it has been 50 years since I used to live near Te Aroha, in Thames. So it is very unlikely that I will be up that way in spring.
You are a little early with your request :-) . It is late summer over here, and daffs don't usually flower until spring, so July, August, September :-) .

More
1 year 1 month ago #558526 by Hestia
Hi LongRidge :)
I know daffos aren't notmally coming up until after 1st of august which was my late hubbies birthday and he so loved daffos :)
He travelled during his work all over the north island and if it was specials on daffo bulbs he went from shop to shop to buy them cheap,
Always called him cheap :)
If I called him during when he was out on work I could almost to 90% catch him at a local warehouse or Mitre10, sneaking thru looking for specials :).
When he did find something he liked that was on specials he didn't settle one one or two but many.
I think he had ten pairs of his best jeans in the wardrobe and if he did find his favourite shoes on special he bought those aswell,, I used to joke about that he was New Zealands the male Imelda Marcos. IM had 2700 pairs of shoes!!!
Any how the daffo bulbs he bought on special...soo many!
I once told him that daffis in scandivavian was "easter lilys". He got a bit confused over that but we have spring in scandinavia during easter.

More
1 year 1 month ago #558527 by Hestia
OOohh forgot,, I collected pieces of fabric with daffos on and was to make a quilt when he fell sick in cancer. Some ladies on LSB did finalize the quilt for me and it hangs on my living room wall.

These LSB ladies had signed it on one corner of the quilt :)
This quilt is so admired by people that see it :)

More
1 year 1 month ago #558532 by max2
Hi Hestia, I too remember you!

If no one comes along who is able to take a photo, if you put the road name into google, it usually comes up with a street view.   

Google Earth will show you roughly what the area looks when the last photo was taken, in our case its still a couple of years ago, but must be still newer for you in your district.

And finally even just putting the road address in, will bring up any new sales listings as well.  

Hope this info helps, and wishing you all the very best. 

More
1 year 4 weeks ago #558538 by Hestia
Google view,,that was way too easy :)
Tried that already and they haven't been on that road for more than 10 years.
It is stil my sheep along the fence line, my mailbox, the bush that I planted by the mail box and three birches that late hubbie planted to make it look "exotic -scandinavian" :)

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds