Register

Topic-icon Downloading Apps

• Thank you received: 1
4 months 5 days ago #544481 by Rod Brown

Sometimes one can download an App and open it in a minute and use it. Other times it might take 1/2 hour or more, if one trys to use it before it is downloaded fully it won't function properly, is that right and true or is it my inability to use my phone correctly.

Now sold block, of no fixed abode, building new house. Darling wife has passed 1 year ago.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
4 months 4 days ago #544496 by Dorkus

How well (quickly) your phone downloads and installs apps depends on three main things - strength of your connection, size of files and to a lesser extent the processor in your phone.

Are you downloading apps when your connected to WiFi? that is by far the best option. If you are using mobile data (over 4g network or similar) it will depend greatly on the speed of the network and signal strength. Does that make sense?

If downloading apps in a rural area with poor signal strength it would not be uncommon to take half an hour to download a big app. If at home or connected to a hot spot with a good WiFi connection and it's still taking that long then there is something wrong. Unless your phone is ancient it is unlikely to do with that.

4ha paddock. No house. Big shiny new shed. No machinery. No clues.
Last Edit: 4 months 4 days ago by Dorkus.

4 months 4 days ago #544497 by Rod Brown

Thank you Dorkus, your analogy makes sense, my phone is only 10 months old and I usually download using wifi but it is in a rural area.

Cheers

Now sold block, of no fixed abode, building new house. Darling wife has passed 1 year ago.

3 months 3 weeks ago #544586 by fiorasyndra1

you should check your internet connection and which website you download on it?
If it free, it will be limited
Dears

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds
Go to top

Get all the latest news along with practical tips and expert advice.