Register

Topic-icon Jet-Type Water-Pump. WANTED

• Thank you received: 2
8 months 1 day ago #541682 by xylstra

Does anyone have an unwanted Jet-Type Water-Pump, 650-750W (3/4-->1Hp) they no longer require? Waiau Pa location (S-W Auckland).
Phone: (027) 4 767 925 [Text if no reply - no voice messages]

Thanks.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 166
8 months 1 day ago #541683 by tonybaker

quite cheap on TradeMe. Do you really need a jet pump? Usually you only use these if you are sucking from more than 4 metres?

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, ducks, Kune Kune pigs, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

8 months 1 day ago #541685 by xylstra

Thanks Tony, Far too dear. topmaq.co.nz have the cheapest. I'm tyring for a 2nd hand unit first. The Chinese stuff is now quite good but few have stainless steel much less brass impellers, all plastic these days.
By the way, jet pumps are only good for less than 9m (at sea level). They will only go deeper if they have an ejector head (suspended down the bore).
Thanks again.

8 months 8 hours ago #541688 by tonybaker

ok, well I bought a domestic water pump with controller from TM for around $180 and it goes very well. It's stainless and has metal impeller. Admittedly it is pumping from a tank alongside so does not have to suck far. How far are you sucking from?

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, ducks, Kune Kune pigs, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

7 months 2 weeks ago #541996 by xylstra

Hi Tony,
That's a point of concern I have. The static depth is not the issue (~3m + 1-2m (say) for the draw-down). But the horizontal distance between pump and well-head is about 14'. Pipe friction may mean I'm right on the edge but we'll have to see.

7 months 2 weeks ago #541997 by tonybaker

ok, copy that. Can you position the pump closer to wellhead?

7 months 1 week ago #542116 by xylstra

Hi Tony, No. Far too much gear to re-locate and no need to do so until a trial run determines whether Ok or not.
By the way, I forgot to mention that a cheaper pump is available. I can buy the same identical pump sold by TopMaq from the Chinese supplier for ~US$40. Problem is, the freight is the killer. You know, over the years I've advertised on noticeboards and even on the radio for others interested in forming a buying group to bulk buy super cheap Chinese goods (eg Lathes, machinery, etc - whatever anyone wants). The idea is to fill a 20' container which shreds the freight cost to the extent it amounts to only a pittance. I am completely baffled by the 'zero' response to my ads. for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would want to get mugged at checkout by NZ retailers price gouging for the same identical goods that can be bought direct. I used to be a Purchasing Manager so importing stuff is second-hand nature to me. It's not that difficult.
If you know anyone who may be interested and wants to start a discussion on this, do let me know.
Cheers.

7 months 1 week ago #542142 by tonybaker

people are doing this as there are lots of small resellers around? How about putting a post on here? Bring in some small tractors with FEL and hoe_ they would be very popular. I guess people are worried about warranty and losing their money. My Asian friends operate a 3 dollar shop and they bring in a small container load.....
I used to install water pumps for a "living" so I have some knowledge! For the small cost of a pump it's worth trying what I suggested. I am sure it will work. All you need is an extension cord and a few fittings....feel free to ask for advice.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds
Go to top

Get all the latest news along with practical tips and expert advice.