Register

Topic-icon Biddy Fraser-Davies

• Thank you received: 1
9 months 21 hours ago #541090 by Fraser101

Hello, I am the daughter of Biddy and I thank you for your kind words of support. We are looking for safe and wonderful new homes for mums treasured cows and I am putting out feelers for interest. I have just joined this forum so I hope I have placed this message in the best place. If anyone out there is able to offer homes to any of the healthy and happy jersey cows (including 2 in calf, due in October) please reply via this forum in the first instance. Many thanks. Jenny.

The following user(s) said Thank You: max2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 117
9 months 20 hours ago #541091 by Ronney

Hello Jenny and welcome to the site. Hope you stick around for a while and condolences on your mothers death. Our mother is our mother, no matter how old we are, and will always remain so.

It must be hard to break up your mother's herd but when needs must etc. Oddly, I was thinking that I need to get another couple of Jerseys as all my girls have gone and the one remaining Jersey will be 22 come next month and I won't allow her to breed again - although she has different ideas on that but I win!

I suspect that I maybe too far away to make it feasible (Kaitaia) but if it can be done, I would certainly love to have 2-3 of them. Can we keep in touch over it?

Cheers,
Ronney

• Thank you received: 86
9 months 4 hours ago #541096 by max2

I'm sorry for your loss Jenny. I listened to your Mum speak at the Eketahuna cheese festival and her simple display of the basics needed to get going with cheese making. Of course this followed watching Biddy on Country Calendar and reading of her stand against outrageous fees to become a small cheese maker. Biddy shall be missed.

I was wondering what was going to happen to your Mum's herd after reading that there would be no more cheese. I milk a small jersey herd too, although mainly to raise a group of feeder calves each year as well as supply us in milk and butter. Some of the Girls I have raised from 4 days old to the others being tip out cows from a local dairy farmer. My oldest is around 15 and the youngest R1 (well Ruth as we called her is still running around down the back with the other R1's).

I am in the top end of North Waikato if that is of any help. Would hate to see Biddy's girls go unwanted.

• Thank you received: 1
9 months 3 hours ago #541098 by Fraser101

Hi Ronney, Thank you for your quick reply, message and interest. Wow Kaitaia , what a beautiful place, But yes I feel it is a bit too far away to be feasible. We will continue to hope we can find somewhere suitable not too far away to reduce the stress of transportation for her girls. Many thanks Jenny.

• Thank you received: 117
8 months 4 weeks ago #541102 by Ronney

Hi Jenny, I felt that too but please keep it in mind if there are going to be difficulties - I work on the premise that nothing is impossible if it needs to be done. Not to mention that I'm a sop for Jerseys.

Thank you for your reply and sincerely hope they can all be rehomed into a similar situation your mother had, in terms of them being a cow in their own right and the enjoyment that goes with that.

Cheers,
Ronnie

• Thank you received: 86
8 months 5 hours ago #541693 by max2

Hello Jenny, were you able to sort a home for Biddy's cows?

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds
Go to top

Get all the latest news along with practical tips and expert advice.