Register

Topic-icon Charger leads!

• Thank you received: 1
1 year 2 weeks ago #539314 by Rod Brown

I know when charging devices one should use the charger which came with the device (phones, tablets, etc) but is it ok to use another charger if the terminals fit, I have before and it worked but the charger got hot!

Now sold block, of no fixed abode, building new house. Darling wife has passed 1 year ago.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 309
1 year 2 weeks ago #539316 by Ruth

Look at the small print (tiny, minute, probably) on the label on each one and ensure it delivers the same voltage, current, etc.
Apparently some of the Apple devices have what look like the same chargers but they're not and will cause problems.

• Thank you received: 19
1 year 2 weeks ago #539334 by sandgrubber

Mini USB chargers are not all the same. The one that came w my Motorola phone is faster than normal and could zap other devices. I can charge my phone with a normal charger, but it's slow. So, yes, read the label, and you may also need to go further than that...like the manual or a users group.

• Thank you received: 166
11 months 3 weeks ago #539637 by tonybaker

well, you need to read the specs on the charger! You need to check if the output voltage and milliamps output is same or it will take longer to charge, or you could overcharge and cause heat build up. Just because the "plugs" are the same does not mean it's ok with your device.

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, ducks, Kune Kune pigs, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds
Go to top

Get all the latest news along with practical tips and expert advice.