Register

Topic-icon Better boots???

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 1 month ago #538639 by Project Ruby

Alas the time has come for me and my trusty gumboots to part company. They have served me well, even with a slight leak. But unfortunately years of standing on concrete all day, and trendy, but bad for the feet shoes I am finding that my feet ache. Especially after a day on the farm, well really a paddock.....
What I would like to know is there a brand of gumboots that is more comfortable to wear. One that stands out above the rest?
They don't have to look amazing just provide a bit more support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 38
1 year 1 month ago #538667 by VioletFarmer

Hi there. In the summer I wear blue bands from the warehouse, with orthotic inserts if on my feet for ages. In winter I use Quatros- I got them as part of my uniform when working on a dairy farm a few years back. At $250 or so, ill have heart palpitations when I need to replace them!!! But gosh darn, they are the warmest, most comfortable boots ive ever had. Before them, i had Muckboots, which i got with my Wrightsons points- they were great as well, lasted me 4 years.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Project Ruby

• Thank you received: 47
1 year 1 month ago #538675 by 4trees

Hi, I wear gumboots most of the year round in the plant nursery,generally a pair of even 4 X 4's from the farming stores which aren't cheap last about 6 months,warehouse about 3 months and they perish through, so at the Manfield Feild days 12 months ago I bought a pair of "Dunlop Purofort" boots, they are light, feet do not seem to sweat in them, I have worn them everyday and all day, feet do not feel tired, they are nice and light and have a good grip on them, I paid about $100 for them so they are worth every cent. The guy offered me a 12 month guarantee, that what ever I did with them they would last me well over 12 months, and it has worked out cheaper. They are great, and I think you can actually buy them on the net now, and some suppliers are keeping them as they have proved themselves. Good luck.

Cheers
http:treeandshrub.co.nz
The following user(s) said Thank You: Project Ruby

• Thank you received: 25
1 year 1 week ago #539367 by Belle Bosse

If you are needing more support for your feet, look into getting professionally fitted with orthotic inserts. They really do make a difference.

As to the gumboot replacements... It is almost a year that I have been wearing Rivet work wear gumboots (not the Rivet steel toed gumboots) from Warehouse and they have been really good. They also look good. My orthotic inserts fit inside the boot and makes them a very comfortable boot. Rain or shine, all year, if I'm outdoors, I'm in gumboots. Inside the boots I wear cotton All Day socks and at times double them with woollen Explorer socks for a snugger fit.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds
Go to top

Get all the latest news along with practical tips and expert advice.