Register

Topic-icon Notification of reading of a Will and distribution

• Thank you received: 86
1 year 2 months ago #537984 by max2

Delicate subject.... but how does One find out when a Will is to be read? A family friend was under the impression they were to be a recipient under the terms of a relative's Will, however a senior family member says the Will cannot be processed as an Executor died some time beforehand.....

Friend thinks its possible he has been removed.....? Thus its a delicate situation he would like to make discreet inquiries. Are Wills publicly available? Auckland based issue, Solicitors unknown.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 19
1 year 2 months ago #537986 by Deanna

Not sure. But what I do know is, if you are mentioned in the will you will be notified. If not, you won't.

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.
The following user(s) said Thank You: max2

• Thank you received: 36
1 year 2 months ago #537988 by spoook

IF you can be found/ traced.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

• Thank you received: 166
1 year 2 months ago #537991 by tonybaker

Public Trust?

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, ducks, Kune Kune pigs, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

• Thank you received: 133
1 year 2 months ago #538009 by Hawkspur

There isn't any requirement for the will to be read out. It gets read by executors and any lawyers involved.

"If the executor dies before the will-maker, the executor’s executor becomes the will-maker’s executor, unless the will-maker has changed their will and appoints a new executor, or they have provided for a replacement executor in their will."
communitylaw.org.nz/community-law-manual...y-people-chapter-22/

• Thank you received: 11
1 year 2 months ago #538171 by ccrk9

Once its gone thu probate a copy can be obtained to see what it said. For life of me I cant remember where from, but years back I got a coy of my Grandmothers will as something I expected to inherit was never given to me. Turned out I was entitled to 1/3 of the estate and my relatives had to pay back my share to me or face legal action. All very fishy. So always check the coy of the will. I think the probated coy is lodged at the nearest court to which the person lived or died

The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable
living from a small piece of land. ~ Abraham Lincoln ~

• Thank you received: 39
1 year 2 months ago #538200 by jeannielea

I think you are right and they can be obtained from the court concerned. Even historic wills can be obtained I think.

• Thank you received: 61
1 year 2 months ago #538223 by tonic

jeannielea wrote: I think you are right and they can be obtained from the court concerned. Even historic wills can be obtained I think.

Yes, historical probates are available online, from 1843-1998. Very interesting if you are doing family history searches.

• Thank you received: 86
1 year 2 months ago #538225 by max2

ccrk9 wrote: Once its gone thu probate a copy can be obtained to see what it said. For life of me I cant remember where from, but years back I got a coy of my Grandmothers will as something I expected to inherit was never given to me. Turned out I was entitled to 1/3 of the estate and my relatives had to pay back my share to me or face legal action. All very fishy. So always check the coy of the will. I think the probated coy is lodged at the nearest court to which the person lived or died

Thankyou so much, this is what is needed.

• Thank you received: 208
1 year 2 months ago #538226 by kate

This may help too, it includes the procedure that is followed if an executor dies
www.smithpartners.co.nz/library/articles...iciary-of-an-estate/

Web Goddess

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds
Go to top

Get all the latest news along with practical tips and expert advice.