Register

Topic-icon scars from burn

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 5 months ago #536453 by StephHarmon

How to prevent burn scars from getting dark? I tried buying an over the counter cream but it is too expensive. I want to try first some home remedies. Any suggestion?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 19
1 year 5 months ago #536456 by sandgrubber

My mother got seriously burned when I was young. She used an ointment made from calendula. It was homeopathic... though my family is sceptical about homeopathy in most cases. I don't remember any dark scars, and do remember lots of good comments about the ointment.

• Thank you received: 86
1 year 5 months ago #536465 by max2

Can't help with home remedies but I was burnt around the face, ears and neck must over 8 years now. The advise was I given was to use Bio Oil (available at chemists although I think Countdown stocked it for a while) continually for over 6 months, although the A & E gave me a black tube colour of cream esp. for burns immediately after the incident.

The only scars I have now is where my necklace was burning against my skin and stretched skin around my neck (looks like a poor facelift job). But the main thing is to keep applying the oil. I was also warned in summer my face would be patchy and to keep the sun off of it.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds
Go to top

Get all the latest news along with practical tips and expert advice.