Ink Cartridges

More
9 years 1 week ago #504952 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic Ink Cartridges

Organix;436940 wrote: We've just upgraded to an Epson Workforce Pro printer which they claim has the ink economy of a laser. $469 including a replacement warranty so up with the price of a laser but top reviews so we took the plunge. Wifi so I'm not continually taking the lappy to the office to print and it prints at least up to 300gsm light card so our local print service sees a lot less of us......

GrantK;436967 wrote: Sounds like a brilliant piece of kit. If it lives up to these claims it will be amazing:

....It will be interesting to hear what you get in practice!

The Epson performed brilliantly, for about 18 months :(
Unfortunately the Workforce range have a major design flaw in that the very fine ink supply tubing is prone to blockages. This resulted in more and more frequent 'nozzle cleaning' being required at which time we had the printer replaced under warranty by Harvey Normans, for an HP Officejet Pro which doesn't perform to our requirements :(

According to numerous online reviews the Epson Workforce range are plagued by ink blockage problems and many owners report diaphram pump failures following repeated 'nozzle cleaning' resulting in an "ink explosion" within the printer :eek:

The fact that Epson refused to acknowledge there was a design issue, and that HN replaced with another brand & model spoke volumes :rolleyes:

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago #504991 by tonybaker
Replied by tonybaker on topic Ink Cartridges
I would buy a cheap b&w laser printer off TM and use that for the mundane stuff. Keep your expensive colour ink jets for when a colour page is needed.

Recently I bought a Brother laser for $5 (yes it cost me more in postage) and it goes great. There is a workaround if the empty toner warning light comes on.

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

More
9 years 1 week ago #505072 by Aria
Replied by Aria on topic Ink Cartridges

tonybaker;511320 wrote: I would buy a cheap b&w laser printer off TM and use that for the mundane stuff. Keep your expensive colour ink jets for when a colour page is needed.

Recently I bought a Brother laser for $5 (yes it cost me more in postage) and it goes great. There is a workaround if the empty toner warning light comes on.

I've had a Brother laser for years and years. Agree on the toner thing - that light comes on way, way before the ink runs out - and when it does look like it really has run out (refuses to print anymore) .. I remove the cartridge and shake it. Usually good for another one or two hundred pages :-). Just bought a cartridge at Dick Smith today (2600 pages) and it cost $120.00. I'd never go back to colour - cheaper to take stuff to Warehouse Stationery on the few occasions I need it.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds