Register

Topic-icon Fisher Paykel Thyme Oven

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 1 month ago #416128 by MooandPop

it is the simmerstat. a sparky can replace both of them very simply. they just wear out, no need for contacting fair go.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #416157 by Simkin

MooandPop;412874 wrote: it is the simmerstat. a sparky can replace both of them very simply. they just wear out, no need for contacting fair go.

That's not the point, sorry. Good for sparkies, though:rolleyes:

7 years 1 month ago #416270 by MooandPop

that depends. how often do you use the oven? every day? you change the tyres on your car when they wear out.

7 years 1 month ago #416329 by Simkin

Mooand poop - you'd be complaining, too, if suddenly you'd have to exchange the break pads of your car every 6 weeks instead of once every 2 years. Tyres are not such a good comparison - it would rather be the car suddenly accelerating to maximum speed without warning and you being told that you can hit the breaks - what are you worrying about... driving is an attended activity.

• Thank you received: 133
7 years 1 month ago #416332 by Hawkspur

If you are a member of Consumer, you will have access to their list of expected life for appliances. Sorry, I don't have it, but if the "expected life" is greater than the time before this component breaks down, and it is not a "consumable" easily replaced cheap part, you have a good case for free replacement under the Consumer Guarantees Act.

• Thank you received: 20
7 years 1 month ago #416588 by Blueberry

Looks to me as if we all should come to the conclusion that F & P is not a brand to be considered when buying new - ever.

that should solve the problem in the long run...

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

11 months 5 days ago #539965 by Natures Haven

I have a Fisher and Paykel Thyme Oven and it now has two large elements that go red hot in the middle of the coil intermittently even on a low heat. This is definitely a fire risk. Given that this is a common problem, has anyone taken this matter further?

• Thank you received: 441
11 months 4 days ago #539977 by Stikkibeek

This is a fairly old thread now, but may still have some relevance for you. If your stove is out of its guarantee now, you may still have some redress. It would pay you to get in touch with F&P NZ office and ask. You will need with your phone call, the model and serial numbers off your stove and if they have them, the same with the elements. Sometimes products are re called, but if you haven't heard, that doesn't mean you cant still act. I had a double draw dishwasher and only by chance I heard something about a fault it had. I rang and they told me there was a safety cutout they had added to my model, and sent one out free. There was never any issue after that.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

• Thank you received: 63
11 months 4 days ago #539980 by Anakei

I have always got excellent customer service from F& P. They replaced a faulty dishwasher and paid for a kitchen counter that had been damaged by steam (out of warranty) and when a dishdrawer wire basket broke they sent me a replacement free of charge. I would contact them first and see what they can do.

Urban mini farmer and guerilla gardener

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds
Go to top

Get all the latest news along with practical tips and expert advice.