Register

Topic-icon Searching for Story Time books and cassettes (Marshall Cavendish)

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 8 months ago #19518 by granny56r

Anyone remember this series?
I would love the set to have for the grandkids. Our much loved and listened too set got destroyed in our house fire in the 80's. :( Have searched trade me and ebay with no joy but you never know who may have some stored away!:D

Lets know if you do....... TIA

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
DOUGLAS ADAMS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 8 months ago #289457 by Ghilly

Have you got it search saved on TM? I've had lots of things saved on their search thing and quite a few have turned up after a fairly long wait.

I managed to get a Hal Lindon CD with quite a few of the classic stories heard on 3ZB in Chch when I was small. Sparky and the talking Train, Little Toot the tug boat, Dinky Pinky the elephant, Flick the little fire engine, The story of the waltz of the flowers, The story of Trigger (Hop along Cassidy?) (not that it's a rare CD... thank goodness someone compiled the stories onto CD or the stories wouldn't be heard at all any more.

Heaps! I also managed to get a copy of Mike Mulligan and his steam shovel. There are classics out there, you just have to wait until someone has a clean out and finds them in the deep dark recesses of their cupboards.

It's a shame that some of these classics aren't around any more. They were harmless and fun.... not like the toilet humour I came across on the radio early one evening, a modern story for kids.

I don't have kids, well not the two legged ones but that doesn't stop me from listening to kids stories on tape and CD. They are light and entertaining.... if the blah movies on TV are called Bubblegum for the mind, then these stories are like breath freshener for the mind.

Hope you find what you're looking for..... maybe some genius will put it on CD and it will have a revival. :)

Yakut

9 years 8 months ago #289731 by granny56r

Hi Yakut
Thanks for your encouragement!n I even email marshall cavendish encouraging them to re-release them.
I have managed to make contact with a guy in the UK who has it all on DVD including the scanned books and sound. So have ordered a set and can hardly wait.......I only hope he's legit
I have several things on TM saved searches. its a great tool eh.

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
DOUGLAS ADAMS

9 years 8 months ago #289751 by Prim

Oh, don't National Radio have some of the kids' stories available on CD? Replay Radio? I will have a look when I have more time.

• Thank you received: 86
9 years 8 months ago #289834 by max2

What about searching Amazon UK? they have new and 2nd hand sellers on there, I ordered a 1960's book that E found in her school library via them and it was packaged and described very appropriately.

7 years 5 months ago #398240 by newsgirl109

hey granny56r

i know it might be a bit of a stretch but i wondered if you had the details of whom to contact to order the series like you had?? i also listened to it when i was a kid and would love to get a copy for my children.

thank you in advance

4 years 6 months ago #495948 by pyorkie

Hi

I had them for my kids and they are used for my grand kids ...... I am getting them back in about a week so I can put them on CD ...... if interested let me know. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

These are the one's that were a weekly buy magazine that had the books and cassettes I got the whole set about 20 something tapes I think.

pyorkie

1 year 8 months ago #534804 by Dyresen

Are you still looking? I have a nearly complete set

1 year 3 weeks ago #539248 by alk28

I am looking for some if you still have these? Thanks

• Thank you received: 79
1 year 3 weeks ago #539249 by Mudlerk

Thanks for the memories...seeing this topic brought back memories of my daughter [now 37!] playing herself to sleep with Story Time tapes I had recorded off National Radio. The 'Big and Little' stories got played so much the tapes stretched and I had to cut out the odd word to restore them. She told me once that she still remembers the passages with the missing words as 'the right way to tell that story'.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds
Go to top

Get all the latest news along with practical tips and expert advice.