Register

Topic-icon Solar

• Thank you received: 60
1 week 21 hours ago #546167 by Kilmoon

Stikkibeak, my hubby works in the electricity industry and has people call about the same issue, basically there are only two classifications for power use: residential and non-residential. Your meter is assigned to either one based on whether a person lives in the attached building or not. Non-residential = commercial rates.....and so people have the same issue as you did re costs. It's cheaper in the long run to do as you've done and have the non-residential meter removed and new wires laid so that the shed is on the house meter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 441
1 week 8 hours ago #546168 by Stikkibeek

Kilmoon wrote: It's cheaper in the long run to do as you've done and have the non-residential meter removed and new wires laid so that the shed is on the house meter.

Thanks Kilmoon, yes we were well aware of that hence the change. The people I feel most sorry for are those with a bore out in the middle of nowhere, which will also attract a commercial rate.
The man I spoke to had the cheek to tell me I was lucky living on a farm. Yeh right! he seemed to think that luck fell out of trees. Not one clue about the hard work, the denying of pleasures etc to actually get here. Then he had the cheek to say, he couldn't know if we were running a business from our barn. I offered him a tour which he declined. OH took it to the electricity Ombudsman as the power hadn't always been rated that way and was only hiked about 18 years ago. The ombudsman was as useless as a broken rubberband.
He said it was a matter between us and the lines company. Passing the buck. So, they lost their lucrative and greedy little scam and our power went down by $100.00 a month.
I put this kind of thievery in the same place as lines maintenance (when you never see a linesman checking our underground cables :whistle: ); and counter charges from the post office when you go to pay a bill, and fees from Spark for keeping your cell phone number available when you already pay for the service and the paper levy they charge on top of that! ; banks that borrow your money and give you a pittance in interest, while they boast about the billions of dollars they have made in any year! Grrr! corporate greed is a scourge on society. Ahh! Now you've got me going.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds
Go to top

Get all the latest news along with practical tips and expert advice.