Register

Topic-icon Newbie saying hey

• Thank you received: 1
2 months 4 days ago #542712 by AimlessKiwi

Hi all,
Another newbie here to introduce myself! I'm actually from Australia originally - grew up on an acre in the middle of dairy farm and, while we didn't have any livestock ourselves, we were left to deal with the farmers' herds popping in to say hi enough that I think I'm an honorary farmer by now.

Anyways, we moved over this side of the ditch a few years back and we're currently renting in Auckland as we save for a place a little further out from the usual hustle and bustle. As much as it was a little isolated back in Aus, I sure do miss the fields, the trees, and the silence. Time to swap the commute for some cattle, I think...that's the dream, at least!

To help stoke the hype and annoy hubby further I thought I'd start reading up a little more and start jotting down some lists (is there anything better than a good list?). Stumbled on this place and I'm loving it already. Hopefully I can cultivate my own little section here in the same way I want to some kiwi soil. We'll see!

Great site and great info - looking forward to learning a lot!

J

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 22
2 months 3 days ago #542726 by kate28

Welcome to the group! Do you plan to be somewhere rural around Auckland or somewhere else?

The following user(s) said Thank You: AimlessKiwi

• Thank you received: 1
1 month 3 weeks ago #542849 by AimlessKiwi

Hi Kate!

The aim is to move somewhere rural but still remain in the Auckland area. While it's not all that great to live *in*, having it nearby sure is a plus. It's going to be a tough balancing act to find something that ticks the distance / cost boxes, but I'm hoping it'll work out in the end.

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds
Go to top

Get all the latest news along with practical tips and expert advice.