Register

Topic-icon Arvo All, New here

• Thank you received: 0
2 months 5 days ago #542693 by FurzNZ

Hey everyone,
Newish here. Grew up on 10 acres around Yaldhurst, back of Halswell etc. I am now relocating back to Christchurch from 16 years living in Auckland. We have put an offer in on a place (4ha) close to Rolleston which has been accepted and we are now going through the due diligence process.

I have been in contact with a few well drillers - Smiths, East Coast and McMillan for the well.. Does anyone recommend a septic system? All I have ever known is the old style system. I have read about Hynds lifestyle systems and a few others. I have done a bit of searching on here in regards to different systems, but if anyone has any first hand experience, then feel free to add.
Have had quotes of around $15k incl gst for well and the same for a septic system.
We are looking to build a 3 bay shed that will be IH2 so we can live in one of the bays until we sell up in AK and relocate, then in 2 years we will build a family home - so a system that would be able to do 1 toilet/shower in the shed and then the house would be ideal.

Anyway, great site and a wealth of knowledge here.

Last Edit: 2 months 5 days ago by FurzNZ.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 22
2 months 5 days ago #542696 by kate28

I dont know the answers to your Q but 'Welcome' to the site! and back to the farming lifestyle

• Thank you received: 0
2 months 4 days ago #542711 by denbrulewtom@hotmail.com

Good luck with everything - sounds exciting. Can't help down there but a few years ago we bought a large property in the Wairarapa. We set up bore water but knowing what I do now - wish we had gone straight for roof collection. Filtering the water from the bore was a bit of a nightmare for us. Our roof water now (we're in the BoP) is wonderful.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds
Go to top

Get all the latest news along with practical tips and expert advice.