Go to top
- Horses like to roll in soft earth or sand, especially after exercise and when hot and sweaty.
- They scratch their own bodies with their hooves, teeth and lips.
- There is always concern over the welfare of horses covered in summer. Covered horses are very visual for the public and they assume the horse will be stressed in the heat.
- Covered horses need regular checking as external parasites can build up under the cover.
- Horses sweat over their bodies, so hosing down and grooming after exercise is much appreciated by the horse.